Save the Children cerca due tirocinanti nei settori EuropeAid e ECHO.
I candidati ideali sono laureati in scienze politiche, scienze sociali, relazioni internazionali, studi europei o discipline simili, hanno un’eccellente conoscenza dell’inglese e interesse per le attività della ONG.
Gli stage hanno durata di 6 mesi, a partire da Gennaio 2013 o Marzo 2013, e hanno una retribuzione minima, da concordare.
Candidarsi entro il 16 Novembre 2012 se interessati.
The EuropeAid/ECHO Partnership Management Unit in Save the Children’s EU office is looking for 2 trainees:
– 1 vacancy starting in January 2013, mainly focused on EuropeAid;
– 1 vacancy starting in March 2013, mainly focused on ECHO.
The Unit’s goal is to
1) to ensure that Save the Children capitalises on donor funding opportunities that are consistent with our strategic and thematic priorities; and
2) to ensure Save the Children engages in efforts to inform and influence donor policies and investment priorities, as appropriate.
We aim to provide trainees with an opportunity to gain experience in a leading International NGO, learn more about EU fundraising, and obtain skills in donor information management and contract monitoring.
Duration: 6 months
Starting Date: As agreed in interview
Work pattern: 5 days per week, 7 hours per day
Languages: The main working language of the office is English (knowledge of French is an asset)
Remuneration: Save the Children will pay remuneration for the trainee
Tasks and responsibilities:
Support the Partnership Managers with the Management of Donor Information (40%)
– Donor intelligence: Monitor EU newsletters, press releases, key internet portals, EU websites, and events corresponding to the EU Office objectives and disseminate relevant information to relevant staff members across the Save the Children EU members;
– Funding opportunities: closely monitor EuropeAid and ECHO funding opportunities at global and country level and provide regular updates to be shared with Save the Children members;
– Collaborate in writing and editing the Save the Children EU Funding Newsletter, using the above mentioned monitoring information as a basis;
Manage and update the EU Funding Intranet page;
– Maintain an up-to-date contact database of staff in ECHO, EuropeAid, Save the Children, etc.
Support the Partnership Managers with Grants Monitoring (30%)
– Track the Save the Children applications through a central data base and provide updates on progress and success rates.
Support the Partnership Managers with administration (20%)
– Organise meetings, take minutes, etc.
Support the Partnership Managers with other issues as needed (10%)
– Strategy Development, Donor Engagement Plan, Funding Advocacy, etc.
– University degree in political or social science, international relations, European studies, or related discipline;
– Knowledge of EU institutions;
– Fluent written and spoken English;
– Well-organised and flexible with the ability to work independently and take on additional responsibilities when required;
– Strong computer skills: website updating, Excel, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, etc.
– Strong writing and editing skills;
– Authorisation to work in Belgium.
– DG DEVCO and DG ECHO knowledge and/or previous internship;
– Working level of spoken and written French;
– Strong affinity for working with statistics.
Please fill out the application form and send it using THIS FORM.
Please be reminded that the selection of candidates for interview will be based solely on the filled out form.
Please make sure to specify to which traineeship you are applying.
Please use the subject line: “Application for Internship – January or March”
– Deadline for applying: 16th November 2012
– Only short-listed candidates will be contacted no later than 23rd November 2012
Save the Children has a responsibility to ensure that children are protected and kept safe from harm while they are in contact with our staff. The responsibilities of this post/role do not require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people but they may have infrequent contact, usually with different groups of children and young people. The recruitment process will therefore include specific checks related to child protection issues which will be implemented for applicants shortlisted for this post.
Fonte: Scambi Europei